Belkin Router SmartDNS Setup Instructions
A Smart DNS (Domain Name System) is a server that will direct their clients to the proxy server for any and all unknown lists of services and websites that contain any restricted media content. This type of service and technology acts as an intermediary between the clients and the websites or services. The great thing about this is that you only have to do the Belkin Router SmartDNS Proxy setup one time. When you have finished the initial setup of the SmartDNS Proxy, you will never have to do it again because the connection will work automatically from that point on.
Before you begin the setup process, be sure that your system has the most updated version of Firmware available to you for your system.
Six Simple Setup Steps
- The first step is to login to your Belkin Router administration panel. To do this, you can visit, http://192.168.2.1. If for some reason this does not work, another option is to visit http://192.168.1.1. This is a great second option in the instance that the first option doesn’t pan out.
- Step two involves entering the Belkin router administration panel’s credentials. If you don’t happen to remember the information requested, you will find it in the instruction manual that came with the router which contains both the username and the password.
- This step brings you to the internet WAN section. From the options given to you at this point, you will choose the DNS as your choice.
- If you are prompted to enter a password of some sort, here you will use your Belkin router password. *If you have yet to set up a password, then the default is to leave this space blank and go ahead and enter submit.*
- This step involves choosing a server that is closest to the location in which you are located. There will be a list of options provided. If you do not see your specific area, find an area that is closest to you instead and go from there.
- This last step is included to click to make any changes that need to be made before going through with the whole thing.
When all of the above six steps are completed, it’s important that you make sure to reset your Belkin Router to start fresh with all of the new information.
* Important Note*
If your PC or router’s IP address changes, this service will stop working temporarily. To avoid this issue, or get it up and running again, you will simply login to the SmartDNS Proxy and update the IP address which is a simple task.
So if you are looking for a technology service that will use a U.S. Proxy to unblock U.S. websites, this is a great option for you. These simple instructions will help you achieve that goal. You can visit https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/ for more detailed information about this entire process.