Are you thinking of launching your online store and don’t know where to start? A good choice of your online sales platform is key to the success of your business. We compare the three most popular ecommerce platforms on the market, Woocommerce vs Shopify vs Bigcommerce, so you can choose the one that best suits your business.
All are platforms that stand out for their quality and popularity. When comparing them, it is necessary to evaluate the differences that make one tool more suitable than another for certain companies, products or market niche. Others are better suited to “novice” clients, who are starting from scratch; or more experienced clients, with experience in programming and web design. When it comes to payment, all of them allow payment with any credit or debit card. Also through the main payment gateways, such as: Stripe, PayPal, Apple Pay…
We analyze and compare these platforms to help you choose the one you like the most.
Shopify is one of the best online selling software you can find today. It has presented a great growth, attracting more customers every year.
- It has different payment plans that suit the needs of each customer. This is very convenient since, making a comparison between Shopify plans you know exactly what you are going to pay per month.
- You have 100 different designs to customize your website, some free and some paid. It allows you to add tools and extensions to make your website more complete.
- It has a good support for multichannel sales: website, social networks and other online sales channels. As well as, a technical support is unbeatable. There is a team available to help you 24 hours a day.
- Shopify takes care of everything from hosting to SSL security for your online store.
- The platform adapts to responsive design. This way, you won’t encounter any problems when opening the page from any device.
- The application automatically makes a record and inventory of transactions carried out from the store. It is very efficient and is very convenient as far as commercial management and administration is concerned.
- It is not possible to switch from a high monthly plan to another one with a lower fee.
- The URLs are not optimal for SEO positioning, this is a very important failure as it means an overexertion in our web marketing to position ourselves well in the major search engines.
- The fees you will have to pay for transactions made by customers are higher than in other online sales applications.
- Although, with Shopify you have less control over your site and customization. This service is noticeably better on other ecommerce platforms.
It is fighting for the top spots in the ranking of “best website for online selling”.
- This platform has everything you need to design, launch and succeed with your online store. According to data, year over year, it has helped customers grow up to almost 30%.
- Access to advanced SEO features, including automatic image optimization. This proves to be a very positive point when it comes to ranking well in the major search engines.
- It has integrated very interesting marketing functions such as: Constant Contact, iContact, Mailchimp and Interspire. As well as, an extensive content management platform where to publish products in an unlimited way.
- It has SSL security certificate. This means that the store is secure giving more guarantees to customers that they can buy with complete peace of mind. It also includes PayPal payment option. Processing the refund to customers is very easy. You can make the transfer with a single click.
- It allows you to link your website with other online sales platforms such as Amazon, Ebay, Instagram or Facebook, among others. Installing this feature is really easy. Thus giving us the opportunity to expand our customer network through omnichannel sales.
- The operation is difficult to understand for those who do not have experience in programming and web design. Also, if you want to get the most out of it, it would be wise to have coding skills or have the support of a marketing agency.
- On the other hand, if you exceed the sales threshold you will have to pay more at the end of the year for the extra income earned.
- You can select only 12 themes for free. If you want another design for the presentation of your online sales website, it will be necessary to pay.
- One of the negative points: currently it does not have a mobile app to be able to work in a comfortable way and anywhere. We will have to give them time.
Finally, in this competition WooCommerce stands out for complete control and customization of the website by customers. As we mentioned, it comes from a leading platform such as WordPress. Therefore, as far as blogging is concerned, it has a big advantage.
- Sellers can write, publish and sell, all from the same application. For that very reason, WordPress users often opt for this platform. This is more convenient for them, since, just by installing the plugin in WordPress they can start working on their online store.
- The possibility of expanding the store is almost infinite. It has numerous plugins and extensions to add new features to your store. It is a good option if your idea is to keep growing and bringing new features to customers every day.
- When it comes to making payments, it offers more variety and possibilities than other platforms. In addition, processing refunds to customers is very easy, just with one click.
- WooCommerce does not provide full customer support. You will have to be self-taught and visit forums where you get help from other users. This makes the task more tedious.
- While, Shopify and Bigcommerce are platforms designed entirely for creating online stores, WooCommerce is a plugin within an existing platform.
So much for the battle between ecommerce websites. Now it’s up to you to choose the option that best suits your online store and start creating.