First of all, it is important that we stop because of the health benefits of walking. It is true that on previous occasions we have highlighted these aspects, but it never hurts to review them to know how good walking will be for us:
Walking will help us to activate our metabolism and thus get more calories burned. That is why it is one of the best alternatives to sedentary life. Simply launching ourselves into walking will help us reduce the risks of suffering from some diseases such as obesity.
- Walking will help us to activate the metabolism, and with it the burning of calories, the circular activation, and the prevention of many diseases derived from sedentarism.
- Walking activates the blood circulation, and this will make our circulation improve, and with this we will improve the blood pressure and we can even reduce the cholesterol levels.
- The burning of glucose is another point where we will benefit from walking. By burning more energy, glucose levels will decrease, and with them the presence of sugars in our body, which in many cases are the cause of overweight or diseases derived from them.
- With the improvement of circulation, we will achieve a better functioning at a cerebral level, since by making the blood supply more effective, it will end up making the functioning of our organs much better. This will eventually lead to a better state of mind.
- As far as mood is concerned, let’s not forget that sporting activity helps release endorphins and make us feel much better and happier. That is why it is essential that we go for a walk.
- Finally, let us not forget that it is a good escape valve to relieve tension and reduce stress and anxiety, which are present in many of us at this time every day.
For all these reasons, it is important that we take a walk and do not sit on our couch all day. Forcing ourselves to acquire this habit is essential if we want to maintain our health as best as possible during this time. For this we want to recommend some points to improve the activity and get the most benefit from it.
At first it is essential that we simply do the activity, regardless of the speed and manner of walking. Each one of us has our own physical form and resistance, but walking is essential to keep the muscles that make up our body active and to achieve good strength in them and in our joints. To do so, it is better to leave aside what we know as recreational walking, to start walking and activate the lower and upper body while we are carrying out the activity.
Including obstacles in the walk such as slopes or grades is something that will help us to maximize the results of this activity. Therefore, it is good that when we start walking, we choose parks or areas that have ups and downs, and even stairs to go up and down. With this we will be increasing the resistance presented by the terrain. These obstacles will help us to activate our muscles much more and burn more calories. The slopes will increase the muscular response and with it we will increase the caloric burn. The same thing happens with stairs. So it’s good to include it in our walking routine.
So from now on it is necessary that we make walking a daily necessity in our routine, because with it we will achieve very good results. Besides being an activity that anyone anywhere can do. It is not necessary any adequate material, nothing more than comfortable shoes and the desire to improve our physical shape.