Start by thoroughly cleaning the pantry and then check what you have and what you need. Throw out all the products that are expired. Depending on what you have, you can plan the weekly menus. To have a well equipped pantry during the quarantine you must have
- Legumes are essential for a good diet. Lentils, chickpeas, peas …
- Canned food: sardines, tuna, etc., are perfect for storing for weeks.
- Eggs will keep better in the fridge.
- As we can’t go out so often because of the confinement you can opt for frozen vegetables.
- Fruit can be bought frozen or dried.
- Don’t forget to include pastas, rice and cereals. They can be stored for quite some time.
- Vegetables: carrots, onions, cabbage, etc., hold a lot.
- Fish such as cod and hake freeze very well.
- Don’t forget the oil and salt that are necessary products for cooking all kinds of dishes.
You may have a small room intended for such use or only a large closet. In any case, organizing the pantry is a very important task that should not be overlooked.
The pantry is a space that is difficult to organize. We do it once, and after a few days, there is already a lot of clutter on our shelves. It may be because it is used a lot, every day. An incorrect classification or a poorly thought-out order is enough to make everything go out of control. What is missing and what is left over escapes us, things accumulate and products are repeated. The result? Total chaos.
And with the mess comes the unnecessary spending of money. Or am I the only one who has ever had to throw away products that have expired in the pantry? Have you never bought much of the same because you didn’t know you had it? That’s all a product of clutter.