Chickpea and lemon cream is a good option to introduce legumes in the weekly diet. Since a mechanical process of destruction takes place, these vegetables will not produce discomfort at intestinal level; therefore, one of their great counterparts when including them in the diet is eliminated.
It is necessary to emphasize that the international organisms and a good part of the professionals of the nutrition recommend to consume legumes 1 or 2 times per week at least. They do not always have to be prepared in the form of stew, but there are other options to ingest this variety of food.
According to an article published in the journal Nutrients, chickpeas and their derivatives provide dietary fiber, polyunsaturated fatty acids, vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin C, folic acid, magnesium, potassium and iron. Because of this, the chickpea and lemon cream is an ideal recipe to share with the whole family. Do you dare to try it? Take note!
- 1 jar of canned chickpeas (200 g)
- 1/2 cup of sour cream (100 g)
- The juice of half a lemon.
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (15 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (2 g)
- 1 teaspoon of hot sauce (optional) (5 g)
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- Cilantro to taste.
Step by step
- The first thing to do is to decide which chickpeas to use. We recommend you to buy them cooked and canned because it is more convenient. However, it is also possible to cook them homemade.
- If you choose the latter option, leave the legumes to soak overnight and then proceed to cook them in salted water over medium heat. The longer it lasts, the better the result.
- Once the chickpeas reach the right point, you must introduce all the ingredients in the blender beaker.
- Process until you obtain a smooth, but slightly thick cream. Note that you can add more lemon juice or a little mineral water to improve the result. This is an optimal spreadable recipe, so too much density may be counterproductive.
- When it is ready, put it in a bowl, with some sesame seeds on top to improve its presentation. It is optional to include a drizzle of olive oil on the surface.
- The key is to store the preparation in the refrigerator and let it rest for at least one hour, so that it can be eaten well chilled.
Chickpea and lemon cream is a healthy, low-calorie recipe, ideal for the whole family.