Do this 6 step method and you can write better!
Are you the type of editor who spends hours rewriting your own texts? Do you want to discover a method that will make you write with confidence and speed, to result in much clearer texts? If so, follow the guide!
Why a writing method?
Have you ever read an article, a note, an e-mail, a report, to understand every word of it, but ask yourself, “Who the hell is it?” or “It’s beautiful, but concretely: what should I do? That happened to me too! When you need to write a letter, blog post, press release, offer, web page, do you sometimes not know where to begin or deplore time spent reviewing and editing your text?
Acquiring a writing method for the utilitarian writings (administrative and professional) is beneficial, both for the editor and for the reader:
- The editor will have a clear method allowing the reader to write quickly and well
- The reader will receive clear texts that he will understand without difficulty
Indeed, to write fast and well means:
- To advance confidently in his task of drafting;
- To distribute its energy in a constructive way between the tasks of:
Identification of the target audience and the objective to be achieved, collection and sorting of information, structuring of the content.
Of the draft – when it is useful – then of a clear and convivial text for the reader
Layout for quick reading and proofreading / correction
You will learn how to write quickly and well by going through the next 7 steps.
1.- Identify your audience
Identify the situation that will lead you to write this text:
- To whom do you address yourself?
- What is the target for your audience?
- Collection and selection of information
- Gather the information to be transmitted using a tool such as MindMapping or the 7 questions (What, Who, When, Where, Why, How, How much?).
- Then select this information, keeping only those useful to reach your goal with your target audience.
2.- Make a plan
- Choose a plan appropriate to your communication objective (this may be: informing, saying to do, explaining, convincing).
- Structure the selected information according to the chosen plan.
For texts that are important, write a rough copy by hand. This will require you to rephrase and will encourage you to be clearer.
Write your text making sure to be clear and user-friendly for your target audience:
- Use a vocabulary that it understands
- Construct short, logical sentences
- Group your ideas into coherent paragraphs and connect them with logical connectors
- Be concise: eliminate unnecessary words or information
- Choose user-friendly formulations that attract the reader’s attention and inspire action
- Adopt a current style, free from the blurred formulas of the traditional administrative style
- Use a correct language (grammar, spelling, punctuation).
Give your text a layout that makes it easy to read, understand and memorize for your reader.
6.- Proofreading and correction
Re-read, at least twice:
- A first rereading “in the skin of the reader”: to verify that you give the reader all the necessary information, formulated clearly
- A second proofreading: check and correct any grammatical or spelling errors.
If the issue in your text is important, have it re-read and evaluated by a potential recipient. You can also get your help from online services like purchase essay for collage as they’re experienced in this field. Visiting buyessay.org/college-essay can be your good solution. When someone gets more popular among students (regarding his essay), it’s more likely he has used a good essay service. We hope this article can help you in writing better.