Sony held a new event, and finally announced what everyone wanted to know: price and release date of the different versions of the Playstation 5.
And that was not all, since the fans had the added bonus of seeing a small preview of all the games they will be able to enjoy on the PS5, just as it happened at the June presentation.
As announced at yesterday’s event, the prices of the PS5 are as follows:
- PlayStation 5 with optical unit will be priced at about $499.99. A clear competition of the new Xbox Series X that has the same price and will be available from November 10th.
- PlayStation 5 digital at about 399, 99 euros. Here Microsoft’s proposal takes advantage of the Xbox Series S, as it will be available for about 299 euros.
Both PS5 models use the same custom processor with integrated CPU and GPU for high-fidelity imaging, including 4K graphics and ray tracing support, as well as the same ultra-high-speed SSD
Both versions of the PS5 will be available from November 19th worldwide, although some markets (United States, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, New Zealand, Canada and Australia) will be able to acquire it from November 12th.
Sony has also made clear that its strategy to promote PS5 is to bet on a wide catalog of popular games and franchises, as can be seen in all the titles presented at the event. For example, some of the novelties are:
- Five Nights at Freddy’s: Security Breach
- Final Fantasy XVI
- Oddworld: Soulstorm
- Call of Duty: Black Ops – Cold War
- God of War Raganarok
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition
- Resident Evil Village