MultiVersus, the free-to-play fighting game starring Warner Bros. characters, will open its beta on July 26th.
MultiVersus, a platform fighting game similar to Super Smash Bros. but featuring Warner Bros. characters such as Batman, Superman, Bugs Bunny, Shaggy and Arya Stark, will be available as an open beta starting July 26 at 18:00 CEST. Early access for closed alpha participants will open on July 19 at 18:00 CEST. Progress and everything unlocked during early access and open beta will be preserved.
MultiVersus’ proposal is quite simple to explain. We are facing a platform fighting game with 2v2 cooperative mode, 1v1 duels and 4 player all vs all matches. There is also a training and qualifying mode. The fights are played on maps taken from the universes to which the characters that are part of the cast belong, which is undoubtedly the most interesting or at least curious part of MultiVersus. The fighters available or unlockable during the open beta are:
- DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn.
- Scooby-Doo: Shaggy and Vilma
- Looney Tunes: Bugs Bunny and Tasmanian Devil (Taz)
- Game of Thrones: Arya Stark
- Adventure Time: Jake the Dog and Fin the Human
- Steven Universe: Steven Universe and Garnet
- Tom and Jerry: Tom and Jerry
- The Iron Giant: Iron Giant
- Dog: An Original Creature
Harley Quinn, Shaggy, Jake the Dog and Taz will be available immediately from the start of the open beta. The others can be unlocked.
Developed by Player First Games, MultiVersus has versions for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series and PC (Steam). The game is crossplay compatible and will allow cross-progression for all platforms from launch.