Many see Hawaii as a great holiday destination for couples. A large portion of the visitors come here to either get married or enjoy a honeymoon. But kids can have lots of fun in this tropical paradise as well, and many families have discovered this through the years. With the wonderful luxury vacations & villa rentals in Hawaii, families can make sure that everyone will have a blast on their holiday.
Obviously, kids can’t just lounge around on the beach with a drink in hand and a paperback in the other hand. For kids, that’s just boring. But here’s a list of adventures that they will absolutely enjoy:
- Drop by at Sea Life Park. Getting there is easy enough when you’re in Honolulu. Even if you don’t have a car, the city bus in Honolulu can get you there as well. Once you and your kids do get there, you’ll be enthralled by the presence of dolphins, sea lions, and turtles. In fact, you can see the sharks as well! Kids just love that sort of thing, and the young ones will also adore how they can feed the dolphins themselves.
- Visit the Honolulu Zoo. Even if you have a zoo where you come from, it’s going to be a treat for your children if you can swing by the Honolulu Zoo during your vacation. Even a single day may not be enough to explore everything, since it occupies 42 acres and you can find more than 900 animals here. These creatures range from farm animals to African wildlife.The whole zoo has been designed to be absolutely family-friendly, so there’s lots of room for prams and kids. Your kids can watch the orangutans at play, or crawl through a tunnel where they have mini-aquariums at their sides. They can even feed the farm animals as well.
- Stop by the Waikiki Aquarium. Here you can find more than 3,000 creatures and more than 460 species. Some of them are extremely rare, like the 600-pound Hawaiian Monk Seal that’s critically endangered. It’s the ultimate “dry snorkeling” experience.
- Enjoy a traditional luau. Watch luau on TV and it may seem a bit boring for children. After all, it’s just some pretty women dancing, right? Wrong! When it gets dark at dusk, children can find plenty of cool activities to catch their attention. They can get a (fake) tattoo practice throwing a spear, while others can learn how the “Chief” can make fire simply by rubbing sticks. Then the children will love how their dinner can emerge from an underground oven—and usually this is an all-you-can-eat feast. There will be lots of singing and dancing, and the children won’t be bored at any time.
- Explore the Children’s Discovery Center. If it’s raining outside, it doesn’t mean that you need to take a time out from your fun activities. You can just have your kids visit the Children’s Discovery Center, and it’s where children of all ages can enjoy themselves while learning something new.
- Eat at Bills Hawaii. This is a renowned child-friendly restaurant in Hawaii, and every family needs to try this place for brunch, lunch, or dinner. The kid’s menu here can satisfy the most juvenile tastes, yet adults can find good food here as well. The coffee is fantastic, and while you enjoy your cup of java your children can find some kiddie activities here to entertain themselves.
So don’t worry, your kids won’t get bored on your family vacation!